Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
My family likes to eat variety meals. I feel that when you rotate the menu, everyone eats better and no one gets bored of anything. And when variety meets convenience, it is a huge bonus!
Tacos, bring them on! They are so convenient to make. Perfect for weeknight dinner. You just dump the chicken and the spices in the slow cooker and let it cook low and slow for a couple of hours. When done, the meat is so tender that there is no effort involved in shredding it.
Our kids love Taco nights. I just lay out a spread of the meat, taco shells, veggies, sour cream and cheese and everybody likes to make their own.
Weeknight dinner cannot be more easier!
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - 2
- Chunky Salsa, medium spicy - 1/2 jar
- Taco Seasoning - About 1.5 tablespoons
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tspn (Optional)
- Taco Shells - 12 to 14
- Lettuce - A bunch, shredded
- Tomatoes - 2, chopped
- Sour cream
- Shredded Cheese - I buy the 4 cheese Mexican
- 1) Dump all the ingredients mentioned under 'To Cook' in a 4 quart slow cooker and cook on low for about 6 hours.
- 2) Shred the chicken.
- 3) Make tacos using 'For the Spread' along with the cooked meat and enjoy.
- Serves: 12 to 14 with some leftovers