Oven roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower oven roasted with spices and then finished with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese … so yum!
As much as I like to cook and eat, I do not like spending my whole time in the kitchen. I want to be in and out soon. I prefer dishes which are nutritious and those which require minimum prep or hands on time. This one just fits the bill.
Its as easy as chop the cauliflower, sprinkle a dash of this and a dash of that, roast, end with cheese and done! Easy! Plus the flavor that a vegetable gets when oven roasted is just so delicious! Incorporating veggies in your diet need not be complicated at all.
- Cauliflower - 1 head, cut into florets
- Onion-garlic powder - 1 tspn
- Red Chili powder - 1/2 tspn
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Parmesan Cheese - 3 tbspns or to taste
- Olive oil or any other oil - for roasting
- 1) Heat oven to 400 deg F.
- 2) Line a baking sheet with foil optionally and lightly grease with oil.
- 3) Put cauliflower onto the baking sheet. Add the spices and enough oil for roasting. Toss to coat with all the spices and the oil. Spread in a single layer.
- 4) Bake for 20 minutes. If still not tender, roast an additional 5-10 minutes or as necessary.
- 5) Sprinkle cheese on top and using a spatula mix well to coat.
- Serves: 4-6 or depending on the cauliflower head size.