Oven baked or Grilled Chicken
Mr. Chocolate Guy is a ‘Chickeaterian’, if there is any such word. He can actually eat chicken 24 by 7, 365 days a year and still not get bored of it. And yes, he is actually good at convincing you how he needs his chicken for his workouts etc etc. The lady of the house, on the other hand, needs variety. Guess who wins there? Wink, wink!
This dish is quite healthy. It uses lean chicken breasts marinated in lemon juice and a few other seasonings and can be baked in the oven or BBQd with minimal oil. It is also very versatile. You can have it as an appetizer, or make it into a sandwich or pair it with some greens as a great salad.
- Chicken breasts - 2, cut into pieces
- Lemon juice - 1/4th cup
- McCormick Montreal steak seasoning - 2 tblspns
- McCormick Montreal Chicken seasoning - 1/2 tspn
- McCormick Cajun seasoning - 1/4th tspn
- Parsley, dried - 1 tspn
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Olive Oil - 2 tblspns
- 1) Marinate chicken with all the ingredients and let stand for 8 hours or overnight in fridge.
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- 2) Put chicken on a pan in a single layer. Drizzle a few drops of oil on each piece.
- 3) Bake for 30 minutes.
- 4) Broil each side for about 2 minutes. This is an optional step.
- 1) Preheat grill to 450 degree F.
- 2) Lower the flame to medium.Put chicken on grill, close the lid and let cook for 5 minutes.
- 3) Turn the chicken, close the lid again and let cook for another 5 minutes. Check for doneness.
- Serves: 4-5