Old Fashioned Pancakes
My Little Munchkin loves pancakes for breakfast. But I do not like to feed him from the box. My usual mama dilemma!
In my quest to cook pancakes from scratch I sought the web. Today’s recipe is adapted from here. I have tweaked it a tiny bit. Just mentioning the way I do it here since many a times I lose the recipes on the web. With due & full credit to the original recipe, my version is here.
- All Purpose Flour - 1.5 cups
- Baking Powder - 2 tspns
- Salt - 1 tspn
- White Sugar - 1 tblspn
- Milk - 1 + 1/4th cup
- Egg - 1
- Butter - 2 tblspn, melted
- Vanilla essence - 1 tspn
- Semi-sweet Chocolate chips - a small bunch
- Raisins - 2 tblspns
- Dried cranberry - 2 tblspn
- 1) In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and the extras.
- 2) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. But do not over mix.
- 3) Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium high heat. Pour the batter onto the griddle, about 1-1.5 ladle for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
- Servings : 8