Instant Rava Dosa
Crispy Rava dosa which can be made in minutes and is delicious as well.
Rava dosa is a very popular menu item in restaurants. It is loved by many. And why not! It is crispy and so very tasty. This recipe literally needs no advanced preparation. Perfect for a lazy sunday breakfast or brunch.
- Rava/Sooji/Semolina - 2 cups, unroasted/raw
- Maida or Rice Flour - 1/4th cup
- Cumin seeds - About 1/2 to 3/4th tspn
- Pepper powder - A few peppermill grinds
- Onion - 1 small, Chopped very fine
- Coriander leaves - From a few strands, chopped fine
- Lemon Juice - 1-2 tspns
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - For frying
- 1) Mix all ingredients except oil with water to make a runny batter. Let soak for 20 minutes.
- 2) Heat a round griddle or dosa making tawa over medium flame. Spread oil on it with a paper towel or onion. Once hot enough, pour the batter using a ladle starting from the outer edges of the griddle towards the center. Let cook until the dosa leaves the griddle. Serve hot with chutney or sambhar.
- Servings: Makes 7 dosas
- 1) There is really no need to cook on both the sides but if in case the top side looks a bit under cooked, turn and let cook for a minute.
- 2) If you don't get the net like texture it means that you probably need to add more water to the mixture.