Indo Chinese Noodles
Noodles tossed in a delectable onion-ginger-garlic mixture with veggies and sauce!
I am not sure about other cuisines but Chinese is one cuisine which tastes different based on the country where it is cooked. Chinese food in India tastes way different than the one you get in the US. It is much loved cuisine in both the countries. Indo Chinese is a cuisine in itself in India and you will probably find a huge fan following for the same. Likewise, in the US, Chinese takeout is very popular. You are sure to find at least one Chinese takeout restaurant around your neighborhood.
Some times I really get those cravings of eating Indo Chinese. Noodles come to the rescue. There are definitely many more recipes which you can easily make at home but noodles and rice are the easiest to make in a jiffy.
Feel free to tweak the recipe but do not forget to add the soya sauce and the vinegar. It is all that really makes the difference.
- Chinese Noodles - 16 oz
- Oil - 5 tbspn
- Onion - 1 small, chopped
- Scallions/Green Onions - 3, chopped
- Garlic - 4 cloves, minced
- Ginger - 1 inch, grated
- Green Chillies - 2, slit vertically
- Boiled Chopped Veggies - 3 cups (Mix of green beans, carrots, corn, peas)
- Shredded Cabbage - 2 cups
- Celery - 2, diced
- Soya sauce - About 4 to 6 tblspns or to taste
- Distilled white vinegar - 2 tblspn
- Sugar - 2 tspn (Optional)
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- 1) Cook noodles per directions on the packet. Drain. Rinse with cold water to prevent further cooking.
- 2) Heat oil in a large pan or a wok over high or medium high flame. Add ginger, garlic, onions, scallions, cabbage, celery and green chillies and saute. This gets cooked pretty fast.
- 3) Add the boiled veggies, salt and pepper. Toss to mix well. Add soya sauce, sugar and vinegar. Mix well.
- 4) Switch off flame. Add the noodles and toss well to coat it with the prepared spice. Serve hot.
- Serves: 10
- 1) To cook this dish in under 30 minutes, I do the following in the sequence listed
- - In a large pot, keep the water for boiling. This is for the noodles.
- - In a separate saucepan, add frozen cut veggies, 1/4th tspn salt, a sprinkle of pepper and a tiny amount of water and cook it on medium flame covered with a lid until the veggies are cooked to desired texture.
- - Start chopping the rest of the produce while also keeping an eye on the boiling veggies in between.
- - Keep the sauce and vinegar ready.
- - Check on water and get the noodles ready.
- - Work on preparing the spicy sauce.
- 2) You may use 8 oz noodle packet for 4-5 people and halve the rest of the ingredients listed.
- 3) Feel free to use bell pepper too!