Asparagus grilled to perfection on a cast iron grill pan. So tender and flavorful!
What do you do when you miss the summer and all the grilled food that comes with it? Do not fret! Use a cast iron grill pan. Gives you the same taste without compromising on the flavor inside your own kitchen.
I absolutely love my cast iron grill pan. Once seasoned, it cooks food so fast with such less amount of oil and with such in depth flavor! And the grill pan only gets better with time. Infact all iron/cast iron vessels get better with time as they age.
This dish is one of the easiest ones to make and loaded with flavor. You just grill the vegetable on the pan with salt and pepper with a drizzle of some olive or any other oil. That’s it but the flavor is super good. Makes a great side to a meal.
- Asparagus - One pound
- Salt - to taste
- Freshly ground black Pepper - to taste
- Oil - As needed
- 1) Heat a cast iron grill pan over medium heat. Using a paper towel, apply a thin layer of oil.
- 2) Once hot, add the Asparagus. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle a bit of oil on top.
- 3) Cook each side for about 5 minutes or until the Asparagus is tender.
- Serves: 4
- 1) To trim Asparagus, bend a spear. It will break at exactly the spot where the tough stalk meets the tender spear. You may trim several Asparagus spears at one time.