Batata talasani/Spiced Potato Juliennes
Potato Juliennes cooked in a spicy seasoning. Easy and tasty recipe!
Mr. Chocolate Guy loves this dish. He calls it potato chips bhaji. I guess he calls it by this name because the potato cut here is just like french fries ( which are also known as chips as in fish & chips recipe ).
This recipe is super easy to make. Gets ready in about 15-20 minutes. It goes very well with chapatis and is very yummy too! Potatoes have a high Glycemic index. So I do not really cook this often. But once in a while is okay I think 😉 What do you say?
- Potatoes - About 4, cut into Juliennes ( Store these in room temperature water until actual cook time )
- Turmeric powder - 1/4th tspn
- Red Chilli powder - 3/4th tspn or to taste
- Kitchen King Masala - 1/2 tspn ( Alternatively, use may also add crushed garlic or onion-garlic pdr)
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - About 3 tbpsn
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tspn
- Hing - a generous pinch
- 1) Heat oil in a wide pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add the ingredients listed under 'For tempering'. Cover with lid.
- 2) Once the mustard seeds start spluttering, add turmeric powder and mix well.
- 3) Lower flame to medium.Immediately add drained potatoes, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well. Cover with lid and let cook for 15 minutes.
- 4) Add Kitchen king masala. Mix well. Cook uncovered until potatoes are tender.
- Serves: 4
- Kitchen King Masala or addition of garlic is totally optional but it definitely ups the yumminess of the dish when added.