Batat Fodi (Panfried Potato)
Potato slices coated with spices, dipped in semolina and panfried!
This is one of the easiest dishes to prepare, yet is very delicious. This method of frying can be used basically on a host of vegetables such as eggplant, mushrooms, onion slices, radish, green banana, yams, ridge gourd, cauliflower, okra, bitter gourd etc. All are equally delicious. Fodi are very common in Goa on “shivraak” days. Shivraak means vegetarian. 🙂 This is probably a healthier alternative to bhajis or pakoras.
- Potatoes - 3-4, peeled and sliced
- Red Chilli powder - to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tspn
- Salt - to taste
- Cumin-Coriander powder - 1/2 tspn (Optional)
- Semolina/Rawa - For coating
- Oil - For pan frying
- 1) Mix and rub potatoes with ingredients 2-5.
- 2) Apply oil on a tawa/griddle and let it heat well on a medium high flame.
- 3) Once hot, coat potato slices with semolina and pan-fry each side for about 10 minutes or until done.
- Serves: 3-4